Have you ever been faced with a question about photography or vendors, who to use, what to buy, where to go, only to have the door closed in your face? It’s like there is a secret code or handshake that allows you the answers. Well not here, welcome to Colorvale® where we love to share our favorites and what has worked with us.
Business Organization Tools
- The Best Photographer’s Planner – Organize your entire business with this calendar/workflow/tracker & more
- The Ultimate Client Workflow & Session Organizer – Cover every detail of a session from the first meeting to the final order
- The Location Scouting Book – Quickly jot down your favorite locations you found, the important details and best time to shoot there.
- Client Product Care Card – It is important to remind your clients of the care that needs to be taken to ensure their photos are timeless.
- Client Session Reminder Cards – What a great way to send out a personalized reminder to your client of their session date, time & location!
- Help Answering Client Emails (E-book)
- Moo – Business Cards
- Photographer’s Planner – Best Seller
- Blogstomp – Create amazing blog collages quickly and easily.
- Colorvale’s Pricing Worksheet – Find out how much you should be charging for sessions.
- The Law Tog – Contracts for Photographers – FREE Photography Contract Here
- DataColor Spyder – Monitor Calibration tool – VERY IMPORTANT
- Animoto – Slideshow builder
- Borrowlenses.com – Gear Rental
- WiseStamp – Add Apps to your email signatures
- Photography Business Checklist – Print and check off to ensure you have everything you need
- AlbumStomp – Photo Album Design – amazing product!!!
- Susan Stripling Mentorship – Online mentorship program and video series by the one and only Susan Stripling!
- Wedding Quicksheets – Provides details about a specific aspect of the photography biz
- Case Studies – (aka how’d they get that shot) You’ll see the actual scene before and after each image is taken
Social Media Automation Tools
- Tailwind – Best Pinterest Scheduling app (we use & love)
- HootSuite – Social Media Scheduling
- Bloom – Newsletter Opt-in Plugin For Your Website
- GroSocial – Facebook Apps – Marketing – Great for tabs, giveaways and more
- Mailchimp – Newsletter builder
- Buffer – Social Media post scheduling & life saver!
Online Marketing Tools
- Google Keyword Tool – Online tool to help you understand important keywords to use in blog titles & website development
- Google Adwords – Market to google users
- Business Marketing Ebook – Great resource for new & veteran business owners
Sites To Submit Images
- Senior Style Guide – Weekly High School Senior Photo Submissions
Blogs & Photography Resources
- Photography Spark – Zach is the know-it-all of SEO & you’ll love his site!
- Photography Tips by Colorvale® – photography blog articles for photographers
- Photoshop Video Tutorial List – Great for those wanting to learn tricks to editing
- Clickin’ Moms – Blog articles, tutorials, forum and CMPRO
- Photography Business Checklist – use this checklist when building your photography business
Website & Blog Templates/Themes
- Imagely – in my opinion best web hosting for photographers!
- Photocrati – Wordpress Themes / Designs For Photographers
- BlueHost – Website Hosting
- Yoast SEO
- Bloom – Newsletter Opt-in Plugin For Your Website
- WP Super Cache
- Contact Form 7
- Backup Buddy – Protect yourself with this great website backup & wordpress migration plugin
- Akismet – spam blocker – a must!
- Jetpack Publicizer – This theme provides so many functions. Our favorite is the publicizer helping you send blog posts to your social media sites.
- Testimonials by Wootheme – Give yourself the ability to showcase the great testimonials from your clients
- Google XML Sitemaps – Important to create xml files for SEO purposes. A must!
- NextGEN Gallery – Display your photos beautifully with this plugin
- Share Buttons by AddThis – Let visitors brag about your site with these great share buttons
- Wordfence Security – Protect your site with this firewall & virus scanner
SEO Tools & Great Web Resource
Client Gallery Viewing
- SmugMug – Online Client Gallery
- Shootproof – Photo Gallery
- Sticky Albums – Digital Photo Album – Mobile App
Prints & Products for Clients
- Photo Flash Drive – flash Drives/ USBs
- CG Pro – canvas
- WHCC – prints, albums, and more
- Pinhole Pro – albums and more
Camera Bags, Lenses & Equipment
- Kelly Moore Bag
- Expodisc – Great for setting exposure and white balance!
- Rapid Strap – Best strap – EVER!
- 85 1.4 – Great for portraits & weddings
- 24-70 2.8 – Great for weddings
- 70-200 2.8 – Great for portraits & weddings
- 105 2.8 Macro – Great for all macro photos
Actions & Lightroom Presets
Photographer’s Social Media Groups
- Colorvale Support Group – great for asking questions in business/editing/marketing and more
- Colorvale Photographer’s Planner Group – great resource for learning how to customize your planner by Colorvale®
- Google + Circle – We follow everyone that follows us. Come over, visit us, chat, ask questions, we don’t bite! Suggest our next video tutorial.
Note: A couple of the links in here are affiliate links because we absolutely love their products and tell people all the time about them. This helps to afford the updating of our blog. If you wish not to use the affiliate link you can simply look the company up on Google.