Purchasing actions can be a challenge when there are so many choices to make. I always suggest photographers describe their desired editing niche. For me this changes by the season but I do like to stick with a style that people can relate my photos too. At Colorvale we have a large variety of Photoshop Actions for Photographers. Not only do we believe these are the best actions but so do our customers. Check out what people are saying about The Fixings, All-In-One set.
Installing actions varies depending on your software version. For Photoshop and Elements 11 this is quite simple. For Elements 10 and below there are multiple steps and best to show you via video.
- SAVE the zip folder you received after purchasing
- Unzip or Extract the files action set you have purchased
- Open your Photoshop or Elements
- If you can’t find the Actions Palette just click “Windows” on your top toolbar and then click “Actions”
- In the top right corner of the actions palette, click on the small box containing an upside down triangle and 4 horizontal lines.
- Click Load Actions
- Find the ATN file associated with the set you want to install
Click the right arrow & then Load Actions
MUST WATCH COMPLETE VIDEO:
Once you have the actions installed its time to start playing them. Click the action in the set you want to place onto your photo. I always suggest you start with a flat image or click the “background” layer before adding new actions.
When stacking images it is ALWAYS best to click the “background” layer again before placing a new one on top of those you have already played. This will help avoid getting errors.
Layer masks can be tricky. So often I am emailed saying that actions are not working properly. This is really just a misunderstanding of how to use layer masks. The great news is that once you see how it is done you will have full utilization of your actions and they will then become your favorite tool!
If you have any other questions please visit our FAQ Section